
2010 should also be a year in which I live more healthily. I made a start on that in 2009 as I slowed down and gave myself more opportunities to rest and have stopped depriving myself of much needed sleep. If I’m tired, I sleep (sometimes in hammocks!). 2010 should expand this to incorporate more movement and exercise in my life.
Now that James and I have been in the same country for 7 months I think we can start to reduce the amount of couch-time snuggling and increase the number of trips to the gym – together obviously. We are starting well with New Year’s weekend being spent walking in some nearby mountains and the second week of January to be spent hiking in Northern Tanzania. Hopefully, as exercise becomes a standard part of my life again, healthier food choices will follow. I refuse to beat myself up about this too much however as my diet is really not that unhealthy most of the time. I do eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and I am cutting back on the fizzy drinks. Funnily, they are something I never drank before but find in the heat I need a sugar boost more often than at home.
Other fun ways that I hope to add more movement include trying out salsa dancing, perhaps investing in a yoga or Pilates video and giving it one more try and ensuring that my travel is active travel that involves me using my legs a much as possible – Table Mountain anyone? Oh, and walking the dogs more often. Everyone benefits from that one!How do you try to make your life more .
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear your thoughts!