My parents arrive in Tanzania in less than a week. My parents, who I have not seen in over a year, will be here in my world in less than a week. It is hard to wrap my mind around in some ways. Even when I lived in Japan didn’t go a whole year without seeing my parents.
Of course, I had the chance to go home on holidays at some point if I so wished but at the time the lure of travelling to exotic places in Africa proved stronger and I thought I’d only be here for one year anyway. And so it is that I haven’t seen my parents in a year. I have been lucky enough to be visited by my brother and one of my sisters, so I have not been family-less throughout. The other sister has designs on September for a visit so I’ll get to see them all out here.
Thus far I’ve had a great time just planning their trip for them. First of all they’ll spend a few days here in Dar, relaxing and giving me time to catch up with them. Then we’ll fly off to the famous Serengeti for some animal watching. Sadly James and I can only join them for the weekend but they’ll spend a little longer before jetting back down to Zanzibar for four days on the beach in the most glamourous resort I could find without breaking the bank. I’m hoping they take photos and I get to post them here. So far it seems to match paradise in my imagination! I’ll then fly over and join them for a weekend pottering around Stonetown before we come back to Dar on the Sunday and they fly off home on the Monday.
What a busy two weeks they’ll have but look at the amount of time I get to spend with them. I realized just the other day that I didn’t really run this past them hope that they don’t mind sharing their holiday with me!
I’m very excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear your thoughts!