Thursday, June 16, 2011

Be

I can’t even find the words to describe how I’m feeling these days. Satisfied? Nervous? Expectant (not that kind)? Curiously calm?


They aren’t the feelings I was expecting what with moving back to my home town for the first time in 6 years, starting a new job, leaving James behind in Tz (where he has caught malaria!), preparing for my sister’s wedding, thinking about my own wedding. I was expecting slightly stressed, lonely and bit worried.

And so it seems I am better at just being than I used to be. I accept the situation for what it is, acknowledge the upsides and the downsides and just breathe. I’m focusing on the positives, enjoying the slow start to the new job for the freedom it gives me and revelling in spending time with my family again. After an initial burst I haven’t seen many friends and instead spend my time with my mother, my sisters and even my brother. My father is travelling but I’m looking forward to him getting back and spending more quality time there too! I'm not even thinking about our own wedding. That's for later.

Just breathing and accepting seems to be the way forward! Happily expectant perhaps suits my current mood best.

1 comment:

  1. This is both a brave and exciting time for you in the midst of so many changes. Sounds like you're doing well to make the most of your situation by taking time to enjoy the here and now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear your thoughts!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin