Sunday, May 09, 2010

Drunken truths

I have had too much white wine and gin and tonic tonight.

I'm not a good pool player unless someone points out where I need to hit the ball. Then I have fantastic accuracy.

I wish I could make small talk more easily and am delighted I'm missing James' formal work dinner next week to go to Uganda with my own work. I can probably sack off my own work dinner early if the worst comes to the worst.

I wish I was more patient. It's a virtue I greatly admire in others but consistently fail to cultivate in myself.

I am ready to get married but my loved one is not. It annoys me more than I care to admit.

I worry about post Tanzanian life because I don't know if we'll both find a place and a job that we like that won't involve long distance again.

We made a fantastic new hangout discovery tonight in the shape of a rooftop restaurant. I'm looking forward to the next meal there already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear your thoughts!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin