Isn't there something lovely about deciding to treat yourself to a long weekend? You think about how many days of leave you have left, whether there is somewhere nearish that you'd like to see and book off a Friday or a Monday chuckling gleefully to yourself about how nice it'll be.
Alas I discovered yesterday that I can't do that here. Not only is my holiday leave what they call "consecutive" i.e. if I take a Friday they count the weekend as leave as well with the same applying to public holidays, I just discovered that my firm insists that you take your leave in blocks of 7 days. And that I have to take two weeks off at some point during the year. With 28 days leave that means just 3 holidays a year. And no ability to break it down and nip off somewhere close by for a long weekend.
Any idea how frustrating that is when there is the whole African continent to be explored?
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear your thoughts!